If You’re Thinking Of Selling Your Northeast Ohio Area House…Compare Your Options First!
Realty Done By Damien Baden vs FSBO vs A Limited Service Agent
At Realty Done, we believe it is smart to look at your options and see what will best reach your goals with the sale of your Northeast Ohio house. It’s important to compare all of your choices to make an educated decision. Dive in and learn the differences when you hire Realty Done, sell yourself, or hire a cut-rate limited service agent.
|For Sale By Owner||Cut Rate Agents|
|Time To Sell:||Lower average days on market (under 14). We have a unique pricing strategy that sellers may question upfront but it works. We drive more attention, higher desire, and buyer urgency. The more offers you get quickly drives a higher sales price.||Studies show selling yourself adds on average 20+ days to the time to sell the house**||Depends on how comprehensive the service is to help market and negotiate the home|
|Typical Sales Price:||Houses sell for 13% higher prices* when working w/ an agent vs. FSBO.||13% less* than an experienced agent is able to negotiate||Depends if their service includes full negotiation services or not|
|Marketing Costs:||$0 – We pay for all marketing and do all of the marketing work. We gladly invest $1,000 of our own money in your advertising before we list your home for sale.||$500 – $2,000+ in ads, yard sign, and more.||$500 – $2,000+ in ads, yard sign, and more.|
|Types Of Marketing Included:||MLS listing, professional yard sign (regular or global luxury if $500k+), our team of buyers agents, featured online listings, direct mail, digital marketing on steriods, 3D Matterport virtual tours, HD video tours, specific landing page., open house if necessary, and more!||None. You’ll need to purchase all of your marketing separately.||MLS, other marketing usually extra|
|Time Commitment From You:||Very little. We want this to be as hands-off as possible for you so you can enjoy the process. We have a list of vendors for repairs, painting, cleaning, moving, title, mortgage, remodels, additions, new construction, and more.||3-5+ hours per week including showing the house, open houses, marketing, putting out signs, etc.||3-5+ hours per week including showing the house, open houses, marketing, putting out signs, etc.|
|Fees / Commissions:||Competitive commission structure. But we save you time, headache, and stats show we can help you sell for a higher price vs. FSBO and frankly other agents.||$100-$1,000 for materials and FSBO website listings.||Flat fee or reduced commission for reduced services and assistance.|
|Legal / Contract / Advice:||100% included. We handle all of the contracts, documents, setting up escrow and closing, and more! We worry about the details so you can relax.||You are responsible for all contracts, escrow, and legal details to ensure the closing happens correctly and legally.||Not always included, when it is it may be limited. Ask the agent what they include and will not include.|
What is Your Time Worth?
At the end of the day, we always advise our clients to put a value on their time and energy if they’re going to go the For Sale By Owner route. If it takes you 30 hours of your time (at minimum) and you value your time, that alone is thousands of dollars in value! Plus, research shows that a full-service agent who is experienced in local Northeast Ohio real estate can help sell your house on average 20 days faster and for 13% more! Do the math and you’ll quickly realize it makes sense for you and your bank account to go with a Top Performing Realtor like Realty Done by Damien Baden.
Realty Done by Damien Baden has a Happy Seller Guarantee! If you’re an unsatisfied seller, we will release you from listing with us. We also have a Platinum Listing Performance Guarantee:
- Your House Sells In 15 Days or Less (at an acceptable price to you) or we will pay you $3000
- Target Marketing to Sell Your Home- We invest up to $2,000 into a target marketing campaign where we expose your property to the best buyers based on their credit score, income, family size, and desired school district, as well as any other specific things your home offers.
Ready to get started? Give us a call or text at (440) 628-1321 or connect with us on our Contact Page.
What To Consider When You Compare Your Options
When selling your Northeast Ohio house, make your decision on what’s right for you based on these 3 important factors.
- The true costs– Yes, there will be commissions and closing costs, but when you partner with the right Northeast Ohio real estate agents, they will protect your best interests. Make sure to work with someone who can give you a realistic idea of how much it is going to cost to sell your house…that includes the costs of a property taking longer to sell, a buyer backing out, paying buyers agent commissions, etc. All of those things add up to the true cost of selling your house.
- Your time commitment- Do you want to be (and have the time to be) heavily involved in all aspects of selling the house in a For Sale By Owner situation? You’ll have to market the home on your own, take calls from buyers, set up showings, escrow, and more. We think all that should be left up to the professionals, but we understand the attraction of trying to do it yourself. Just calculate what your time and energy are worth. If you’d rather not hassle with the details, work with a trusted agent like Realty Done by Damien Baden.
- The “experience factor”– Experience matters. As long-time realtors in Northeast Ohio, we know how to navigate the ups and downs of home selling and buying to make sure things go smoothly and are as stress-free as possible.
Now That You’ve Been Able To Compare…Get The Process Started With Realty Done by Damien Baden
Give Us A Call Or Text At (440) 628-1321 Or Get A FREE Home Valuation Report!
* 2014 Profile of Home Buyers and Sellers, National Association of REALTORS®)
** Both the Northwestern and the Stanford studies mentioned in the Money section confirm just that: “The use of a broker does lead to an accelerated sale. In that respect, brokers appear to add value,” the Stanford researchers declared. The Northwestern study found that it takes on average 20 days longer to sell a house on a FSBO site versus the MLS or an agent.